Welcome to Mike Ross Consulting
Thank you for visiting. My name is Mike Ross and I am a senior level software engineer and consultant. I specialize in .NET Programming, ASP.NET, MVC, C#, SQL Server, Oracle, AJAX, jQuery, PHP, VB.NET, Mobile APP Development (iOS, Android, Windows).
I have over fourteen years of professional experience and have helped many clients realize their technology goals. I am highly regarded as an insightful, pragmatic and effective consultant that consistently exceeds the expectations of my clients. I am fortunate enough to have put together a team of very talented senior developers that are a pleasure to work with. We are proud of our work and believe that the systems we build are outstanding. We build software that is functional and easy to use with very responsive user interfaces.
I have provided consulting services for The Louisiana and Massachusetts State Legislatures, Bell County, TX, and DHL. I have designed and built systems for ATM machines, online banking, Gaming (casinos), background/drug screening, RFID tracking systems, State and County Governments, and an array of other industries.
I am a real person who lives in Austin, TX with my wife Lynde and our 4 children.
I look forward to speaking with you about how we can help meet your software, architecture, consulting and development needs. Please feel free to call me at 512-299-8114 or send me a message by clicking here
or the Contact Us link above.
Web Application Development
A Web Application is an application that is accessible via a web browser either over the web or on the local intranet. Web Applications are easy to update and maintain because there is no need to distribute executable files to the client machines that need access to the software. Any computer with an internet browser and a connection can access the web application at any time.
- Web Applications do not require complex "roll out" procedures to deploy in large organizations. Simply update the web application on the server and the new version is live.
- Since Web Applications run in the browser there is nothing to install and there is no storage space needed.
- Web Applications are platform Independent. The same application will run on a Windows, Mac, or Linux OS through the web browser.
Click to learn more about Web Application Development
Mobile App Development
A Mobile App is a software application designed to run on smart phones (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc), tablet computers (IPAD, Windows, Android devices) and other mobile devices.
- Mobile Apps enable Push Notifications. You have direct access to the user of the device when your app is installed.
- Your logo is visible on the users phone. This is good for branding and marketing.
- Ability to communicate with your App/System from virtually anywhere.
Click to learn more about Mobile App Development
Desktop Application Development
A Desktop Application is installed on your local machine. It does not require an internet connect to run. Microsoft Word and Quickbooks would be examples of Desktop applications.
- Very fast and rich user interfaces.
- These apps are very secure since they run only on your local machine.
- These applications are more powerful for tasks that need to operate on a local machine. A web application cannot interact with the operating system of a client machine.
Click to learn more about Desktop Application Development